Kraken is pleased to announce it is now enabling individuals and entities who purchased DOTs – the Polkadot blockchain’s native cryptocurrency – in preliminary sales to claim their coins on our exchange.
The move comes in advance of our launch of DOT staking with up to 20% rewards, which will be available as soon as transfers are operational on the live Polkadot network.
Polkadot is a novel protocol aiming to allow multiple blockchains, both open and permissioned, to exchange value within a larger network. It was developed by the non-profit Web3 Foundation and co-founded by Ethereum co-creator Gavin Wood.
As designed, the Polkadot network will be collectively managed by DOT owners, who will use their holdings to determine who will get to manage key network functions through a process called staking.
Why Claim DOTs on Kraken?
We offer the fastest and easiest way for purchasers to claim their allotments. In addition, once transfers are enabled, you can stake your tokens with us and receive up to 20% rewards while taking advantage of the liquidity provided by our global spot exchange.
Finally, with a minimum deposit of just 0.015 DOT, our service is open to all purchasers.
How to Claim Your DOTs
To begin, you’ll need to connect the Ethereum wallet containing the tokens that represent your prior DOT purchase to a Polkadot address.
The Polkadot Foundation has created a custom website for owners looking to claim their tokens, which includes:
- A tool for confirming whether an Ethereum address holds tokens representing your original DOT purchase allocation
- A step-by-step walkthrough on how to generate a native Polkadot address
- A tool for verifying the balance of the Polkadot address once the claim is complete
- Detailed instructions on how to execute a claim.
Allocating DOTs to Kraken
Follow these simple steps to claim your DOTs on Kraken.
- Login to your Kraken account here: https://www.kraken.com/sign-in
- Navigate to Funding > Polkadot and generate a new DOT deposit address. Use it for your claim process.
- Once claims are processed, tokens will appear in your Kraken account.
DOT claimants who are not yet Kraken clients can open an account here: https://www.kraken.com/sign-up.
For general questions about the claims process, please visit https://wiki.polkadot.network/docs/en/claims.