Some interesting facts I found across the internet. Enjoy 🙂
1) Currently, the are 4844 Cryptocurrencies listed on Coinmarketcap. 2) More than 800 cryptocurrencies are already “dead.”
Mostly because of the BTC 2018 crash, their value lowered so much that it eventually reached zero.
3) There was an attempt to create Physical BTC coins by Casascius.
They also serve as cold storage, with each coin having a “private key” to the digital equivalent underneath the hologram. Though the product itself didn’t gain popularity among crypto enthusiasts, the image of this coin has become popular all over the Internet as It is them you see in all Bitcoin pictures.
4) The Largest ICO in History
According to Bloomberg, the largest ICO in the history of FinTech was held by the infrastructure for decentralized applications EOS. They claimed to have raised $4.2 bn.
5) The mining difficulty of Bitcoin is adjusted every two weeks.
(every 2016 blocks, to be precise) to maintain the standard 10-minute block time.
6) The youngest crypto owner is thought to be Erik Finman.
He invested in BTC at the age of 12 in 201. Currently, his net worth is about $4.5 million.
7) The most popular crypto exchange Binance has already moved their Headquarters 3 times.
Originally launched in China => Moved to Japan, while also setting up offices in Taiwan and South Korea => Binance once again relocated to crypto-friendly Malta.
8) The logo of one of the most popular altcoins, Ethereum, has raised many questions as to its origin.
There are many conspiratory theories behind: mathematical mirrored symbols ( Σ ), Anime symbol of the lost city, the logo to the Illuminati, and even The Sims game.
9) The concept of cryptocurrencies first appeared in 1983
When an American cryptographer David Chaum created anonymous cryptographic electronic money which he called Ecash.
10) Some blockchain nodes are stored in the space
The largest organization doing this is the Singaporean cryptocurrency Qtum, having 72 nodes located in…