- America’s coronavirus outbreak is going to get much worse this week, according to Surgeon General Jerome Adams.
- The leading doctor believes many Americans are not taking adequate precautions as the disease begins to spread out of control.
- U.S authorities are bolstering their efforts to combat the virus while assuring concerned citizens that the country is not on the verge of martial law.
You could see the urgency in Dr. Jerome Adams’ eyes as he spoke to reporters from HHS headquarters in Washington D.C. The Surgeon General gave a simple warning to the American public about what to expect in the next few days:
This week, it’s going to get bad
As the disease rampages across the nation, Dr. Adams fears many Americans aren’t ready for the impending healthcare catastrophe.
United State is third-most Infected Country
With over 9,000 additional cases confirmed on Monday, the United States has rocketed past Spain and Germany to be the third-most coronavirus-infected country in the world.
This places it just under Italy and the virus’ epicenter in China. The total caseload now stands at just over 46,000, with additional cases being added by the hour.
An additional 111 Americans died of the disease in the last 24 hours, bringing total fatalities to 413.
America’s coronavirus outbreak is still centered in major coastal cities like New York and Seattle. But the virus has also established strongholds in more central areas like Illinois and Michigan.
- New York: 20,875 confirmed cases
- New Jersey: 2,844 confirmed cases
- Washington: 2,221 confirmed cases
- California: 1,733 confirmed cases
- Michigan: 1,328 confirmed cases
Dr. Adams believes America’s caseload will increase…