Planning to finally dab the toes in remote work? Next year might be the perfect time to do so.
FlexJobs has just published their list of the top 40 companies hiring for flexible job positions. The list is based on an analysis of over 52,000 companies and their job posting histories on the platform between January 1, 2019, and October 31, 2019, showing which employers have hired the most for flexible job positions this year and will likely keep up the practice in 2020.
Expectedly, a lot of tech companies (SAP, Amazon, GitLab and others) made it to this year’s list. Marketing, sales and engineering also remain among the top-paying remote niches. A newer trend, however, is that healthcare organizations have hopped on the remote work bandwagon too and actively hire specialists for part-time and full-time remote roles.
If you plan to roll into the new year with a new remote job, consider filling your resume to one of the next 40 companies.
1. UnitedHealth Group is one of the leading providers of healthcare benefits and insurance services in the U.S. Their Optum sub-division also specializes in IT and tech services for healthcare providers. They currently have a lot of openings for nurses, case managers and IT personnel.
2. Kelly Services is an established staffing agency, servicing the U.S. market since the mid-1940s. They have a strong employer brand, offer attractive benefits and fair compensation. Right now they are mainly hiring recruiters and talent acquisition specialists for different industries. Note: for some roles, they’ll only accept job applications from U.S. nationals.
3. Kaplan is open to having more educational professionals on-board, especially exam Prep instructors (SAT, LSAT, MCAT, etc.). They are also looking to fill in several senior roles.
4. Motion Recruitment Partners is the parent company of three major recruitment firms: Jobspring Partners, Sevenstep and Workbridge Associates. At the moment, they are seeking design, admin and IT talent for several short-term, contract projects.
5. SAIC – Science Applications International Corporation operation spans over 50 states and 15 countries worldwide. They frequently publish new openings for Analysts, Engineering and Coordinator positions.
6. Robert Half International is an S&P 500 recruitment company, highly regarded in terms of compensation, work/life balance and employee benefits. Expect to see frequent remote IT, Finance and Admin positions.
7. Amazon. Getting a gig with them may be tough due to competition, but worth the effort. IT staff reports above-industry average compensation and interesting projects. Occasionally, they also hire for other functions.
8. Pearson provides popular software products for students and educators worldwide. They frequently hire for IT positions, though most are available to U.S. nationals only.
9. SAP. Around 15% of the company’s workforce telecommutes. However, most of the contracts they offer assume partial on-site (office work). They now have openings in several locations (U.S., Germany, Columbia, Czech Republic).
10. Parallon – another healthcare organization that’s favoring remote workers. They have several Analytical, Business and IT roles to fill in.
11. GitLab – everyone’s repository management tool needs regional sales and account managers for part-time remote work.
12. Cozymeal is an up and coming startup, disrupting the catering space. One of the unique employee perks they offer is 100% coverage of all travel expenses. If you want to be part of their hip agile team, browse the current openings in Online Marketing and CS.
13. Dell. Named as one of the “Most Ethical Multinational Companies in the World,” Dell is hiring for part-time remote roles in IT, Marketing and Sales.
15. Humana – another healthcare services provider who’s embracing the concept of remote work. The current openings are a mix of full-time partially and 100% remote vacancies in IT, Operations and Management.
16. K12. If you are tired of classroom work, consider joining K12 as a part-time remote instructor. The e-learning platform is actively hiring K12 teachers for different subjects.
17. Stryker – a top provider of medical devices – was repeatedly named among best employers. They regularly recruit healthcare professionals for partially-remote contracts.
18. ADTRAV Travel Management. The travel tech provider is hiring mostly for remote IT jobs. However, they also have several part-time remote openings for Associate Managers.
19. Onward Search is a recruiting agency specializing in sourcing digital marketing and creative talent. They post regular freelance, gig and remote jobs for designers, copywriters, creative managers and digital marketing specialists.
20. Real Staffing looks for people to fill in a variety of jobs in the healthcare sector, ranging from biomedicine to pharma and healthcare IT. Unlike others, they have quite a few remote scientific jobs.
21. PRA Health Sciences also look for a variety of skilled specialists in the healthcare domain, especially research associates, clinical trial managers and medical writers.
22. U.S. Department of Commerce usually looks to fill in entry to mid-level admin positions. Most contracts are temp with remote work as an option.
23. LanguageLine Solutions. If you have a knack for a rare language, you have high chances to land a remote interpreter or translation gig with this employer.
24. CrowdStrike is a cybersecurity technology company offering solutions for cloud apps. They have part-time remote positions for Analysts, Recruiters and Engineers.
25. VMware. Dell’s subsidiary is an equally great place to work at. The company offers 100% remote jobs for IT talent.
26. Supporting Strategies – a BPO and bookkeeping services provider is hiring for an array of remote managerial and accounting roles.
27. Grand Canyon University (GCU) – this private university has 100% remote positions for adjunct faculty staff across several domains.
28. Salesforce – the leader in the CRM space is looking to hire new Account Managers, as well as UI/UX designers and software engineers.
29. Magellan Health – a healthcare management company with at least several new remote positions emerging each month. Mostly they look for CS specialists, Financial Analysts and Care Coordinators.
30. Aquent has several part-time and full-time remote positions in marketing and creative industries including design, writing and social media marketing.
31. Trilogy Education Services is a partner to the USA’s top universities. The company develops additional school-operated, skills-based training programs. Mostly, they hire remotely for teaching positions.
32. Novartis is a renowned global pharmaceutical and healthcare research company. They are frequently publishing remote jobs for sales specialists and account coordinators.
33. Philips. The company was named among the top-50 happiest companies in the US. Apart from good compensation and benefits, they also offer interesting work projects in several global locations. However, remote positions are mainly limited to jobs in Compliance.
34. Frank Recruitment Group – a recruiting firm specializing in IT talent acquisition. It’s worth pitching them your resume even if they don’t have any relevant job posts at the moment.
35. CSI Companies – another staffing agency helping businesses fill in remote positions.
36. Georgia Military College (GMC) specializes in liberal arts education. They frequently seek new adjunct faculty staff to join their bench remotely.
37. Provencher & Company provides outsourced claims handling services. Occasionally, they have remote and/or temp jobs for insurance specialists.
38. EXL is among the “100 Best Small Companies” in the U.S. They offer an array of operations management and analytics services to well-known businesses. Remote jobs vary from Business Analytics to Insurance Inspecting.
39. Red Hat, recently acquired by IBM, is open to hiring remote software developers, sales specialists and IT consultants.
40. Thermo Fisher Scientific is a well-established global biotechnology product development company. They have several part-time remote jobs for experienced project managers, sales representatives and R&D scientists.