We’re pleased to announce that The Graph (GRT) starts trading December 21 at approximately 13:30 UTC.
What is The Graph (GRT)?
GRT is an Ethereum (ERC-20) token that powers The Graph, which is a decentralized protocol for searching and indexing the data on various blockchains. As such, it will play a role for blockchains that is similar to the role played for websites by Google Search (which searches and indexes websites). The data from blockchains like Bitcoin, Ethereum and many others will be grouped into “subgraphs” that can be queried by anyone through open APIs.
When will funding and trading start?
- Funding: Kraken will enable deposits and withdrawals for GRT at approximately 13:30 UTC on December 21.
- Trading: The first trades will start shortly after funding is enabled as sell orders cannot be placed until deposits clear (see the required confirmation times for deposits here).
- Updates will be posted on the status page near launch time.
Trading Pairs for GRT
There will be four trading pairs for trading in USD, EUR, Bitcoin (XBT), and Ether (ETH):
How to deposit
- Navigate to “Funding” > Select the asset. You can find the asset either by ticking “Show all assets” or by searching (e.g for “GRT”).
- Click “Deposit” next to the asset and follow the on-screen instructions.
Confirmations required before deposits credit
Fees and Funding Minimums
Which services will be available for GRT?
Not (yet) available
Will Kraken list more assets?
Yes! But our policy is to never reveal any details until shortly before launch – not even about which assets we are considering. Our client engagement specialists cannot answer any questions about which assets we may be listing in the future.
Trade with caution
Limit orders are recommended when trading starts since the markets may be illiquid initially. Be extremely careful with market orders and orders that trigger market orders (e.g. stop…