Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded 4.2% lower against the US dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 0:00 AM ET on March 17th. Litecoin has a total market cap of $8.92 billion and $276.51 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Litecoin coin can currently be bought for $159.90 or 0.01874640 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including BITHOLIC, OpenLedger DEX, Qryptos and Tripe Dice Exchange. Over the last seven days, Litecoin has traded 7.2% higher against the US dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Verge (XVG) traded 1.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0425 or 0.00000499 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 1.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0035 or 0.00000041 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded down 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.37 or 0.00004366 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 4.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.37 or 0.00004371 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded down 5.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.48 or 0.00005619 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded up 2.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1.31 or 0.00015375 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 4.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0943 or 0.00001106 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded 6.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.91 or 0.00022436 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded 0.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.21 or 0.00002440 BTC.
- Gulden (NLG) traded 3.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.10 or 0.00001177 BTC.
Litecoin (LTC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. It was first traded on October 8th, 2011. Litecoin’s total supply is 55,777,506 coins. The Reddit community for Litecoin is /r/litecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Litecoin’s official website is litecoin.com. Litecoin’s official message board is litecointalk.io. Litecoin’s official Twitter account is @LitecoinProject and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: OpenLedger DEX, Bitlish, Mercado Bitcoin, Tripe Dice Exchange, Upbit, FreiExchange, Exmo, YoBit, RippleFox, Mr. Exchange, Exrates, ChaoEX, CoinsBank, GDAX, OKCoin.cn, CoinEx, LiteBit.eu, Bitmaszyna, Bittylicious, Bitfinex, Coinhouse, Koineks, Stocks.Exchange, OkCoin Intl., CryptoBridge, LocalTrade, Bit2C, BitGrail, Bitsane, xBTCe, CoinExchange, Bleutrade, CoinFalcon, Cryptox, BTC Trade UA, Qryptos, EXX, RightBTC, COSS, BitFlip, Kucoin, Poloniex, Livecoin, BTC-Alpha, Dgtmarket, Bittrex, DSX, Bisq, Binance, SouthXchange, The Rock Trading, Bits Blockchain, BTC Markets, BtcTrade.im, OKEx, TDAX, Bitstamp, BitBay, Liqui, Bitso, Negocie Coins, Bitcoin Indonesia, Bitbank, Huobi, NIX-E, BigONE, Gatecoin, Coingi, Coinrail, Bithumb, BCEX, BitMarket, C-CEX, Tux Exchange, Trade Satoshi, CoinEgg, Kraken, ZB.COM, CoolCoin, BX Thailand, Tidex, Cryptopia, QuadrigaCX, Gate.io, Cryptomate, Koinex, Allcoin, Coinroom, WEX, Bit-Z, Mercatox, Bibox, BitKonan, Coinut, VirtacoinWorld, Abucoins, Braziliex, Altcoin Trader, Waves Decentralized Exchange, BITHOLIC, GOPAX, HitBTC, AEX, Bitinka, Coinbene, Coinone, TOPBTC, Coinsquare and Koinim. Investors seeking to trade Litecoin using US dollars directly can do so using Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini.
Receive News & Ratings for Litecoin Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Litecoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.