On the opening day of the FIFA World Cup coverage from Russia, a TV advert by South Korean internet-of-things (IoT) blockchain startup Hdac (Hyundai Digital Asset Company) was as much a talking point in the crypto space as the host nation’s 5-0 win against Saudi Arabia.
One of the first times that a blockchain company has advertised on TV — and certainly the first to target such a massive audience — Hdac’s vision of a digital world, where its technology efficiently powers the world’s IoT devices, demonstrated how a modern interconnected smart household will operate.
According to a statement by the company, the commercial will air throughout the World Cup coverage on the major UK network ITV, during halftime for all matches, as well as on cable channel Eurosport. So, although the South Korean team doesn’t take the pitch until Saturday for its first match against Mexico, one of the nation’s blockchain innovators is already capturing global attention.
The company, which was formed by Chung Dae-sun, a nephew of the CEO of Korean car giant Hyundai, states, on its website, that its Hdac Platform will be a key tool for implementing a more reasonable and efficient transaction system as the worlds of blockchain and IoT converge.
Its underpinning technological philosophy is to dramatically improve machine-to-machine (M2M) transaction environments, making all transactions seamless and easy. Furthermore, Hdac says the technology will promote reasonable consumption and accurate management for all communication and utility expenditures.
As anyone following the IoT sector understands, the biggest challenge that the industry faces it is the sheer scale of the data produced by so many disparate devices and how this data can be controlled and utilized. Hdac’s answer is the use of distributed ledger technology (DLT) to make sense of it all, so IoT contracts don’t just control access to devices but help communicate between them and ensure anonymity with all transactions recorded in the ledger.
The company, which completed a successful initial coin offering (ICO) of its /DAC tokens late last year, raising USD 258 million, reportedly suffered a hack of its mining pool last month, forcing it to temporarily halt withdrawals. Hdac said, in a statement, that it has no liability because the mining pool is decentralized.
image by Max Pixel
- Hdac Scores with World Cup TV Blockchain Advert – June 15, 2018
- Swedish Sports Brand Puts Same-Sex Marriage on the Blockchain – June 15, 2018
- Whale Hunter Spiking Links with AntShares Founder’s Latest Blockchain, Nebulas – June 15, 2018
- Swytch Pilots Clean Energy Rewards in Germany, Launches ICO – June 14, 2018
- Coinbase Opens Index Fund for Investments up to $20 Million – June 14, 2018
- South Africa Reserve Bank Makes Progress with Quorum Blockchain Pilot – June 12, 2018
- Wallets and Exchanges Fail Identity Check Test – June 12, 2018
- Now ‘Ask Juliet’ for Crypto Tips on TokenAI – June 11, 2018
- Iconic Warhol on Slate at Blockchain Auction – June 8, 2018
- “Quasi Unicorn” Hyperchain Seals RMB 1.5 Billion Financing – June 8, 2018
- COBINHOOD Launches DEXON Platform for Faster Processing – June 7, 2018
- Subway Jumps on FoodLogiQ Supply Chain Pilot – June 7, 2018
- RecordFarm Token Lists on Coinbene – June 7, 2018
- Award-Winning Crypto Comedy: KevCoin the Movie Premieres June 28 – June 6, 2018
- SEC Appoints Crypto Securities Czar – June 6, 2018
- FundRequest Platform Rewards Open Source Software Fixes – June 5, 2018
- Cashaa Links to Populous Marketplace, Commences Token Redistribution – June 5, 2018
- Blockchain Expo Europe 2018 Rolls Into Amsterdam – June 4, 2018
- $300 Million Monster ICO Planned by Cables and Headphones Firm – June 4, 2018
- Swissport Explores Blockchain Potential for Airport Services – June 1, 2018
- Odyssey Lists on UpBit and Bitrex Ahead of OCpay System Launch – June 1, 2018
- Hey, Alexa… CREALOGIX Launches Banking Hub with Voice Recognition – May 31, 2018
- Pundi X Inks Deal with American Chamber of Commerce Korea – May 30, 2018
- Japan’s Gumi Games Founder Launches $30M Crypto Fund – May 30, 2018
- Peoplewave Lists HR Blockchain ICO on QUOINE Platform – May 29, 2018
- Five Cryptocurrencies Into One: Bitcoin Origin Launches Penta-Fork Multichain – May 28, 2018
- Singapore Regulator Blocks Unauthorised Security Token Trading – May 28, 2018
- Leading Loyalty Rewards Program Integrates Dash – May 28, 2018
- Seal Network Teams with Deloitte for EU Anti-Counterfeit Effort – May 28, 2018
- FunFair Launches Blockchain Casino Platform in Closed Beta – May 25, 2018
- On GDPR Day, a Blockchain Solution – May 25, 2018
- Ogilvy Hosts Rebranding Contest for Crypto Hopefuls in NYC – May 24, 2018
- MoneyToken Adds BCH, Brings Roger Ver and Mate Tokay on Board – May 24, 2018
- Japan’s Biggest Bank to Roll out Blockchain Payment System by 2020 – May 23, 2018
- Envion Legal Battle Is Latest Swiss Crypto Bust Up – May 22, 2018
- Kontakt.io Teams IoT Platform with IOTA’s Blockchain for Monitoring and Asset Tracking – May 22, 2018
- Medicalchain Launches MyClinic.com Telemedicine Platform – May 22, 2018
- Malta Picks Omnitude to Drive Blockchain Into Public Transport – May 21, 2018
- European Parliament Passes Resolution Supporting Blockchain Technology – May 21, 2018
- Leading Indian Banks Form Blockchain Trade Network with InfoSys – May 18, 2018
- Orbs Raises $118 Million to Fund Consumer Apps Blockchain Platform – May 18, 2018
- WordPress for Blockchain: Superblocks Launches with $1 Million in Funding – May 18, 2018
- Bloq Metronome Token Sale is on for June 18 – May 18, 2018
- Cloud Alternative SONM Connects a Million Devices in Fog Network – May 17, 2018
- Swarm Fund Brings FarmCoin to PE Platform to Help African Farmers – May 16, 2018
- Evident Proof and Swytch Forge Alliance for Energy Production Blockchain – May 16, 2018
- Nasdaq Powered DX.Exchange Launches Easy Trading Platform – May 15, 2018
- Lykke Creates Investment and Advisory Spinoff BVV – May 14, 2018
- EQUI Capital to Extend ICO and Widen Investment Remit – May 14, 2018
- Chinese Government to Publish Monthly Scorecard of Global Crypto Projects – May 14, 2018