Bitcoin is in the red today, following yesterday evening’s announcement of President-elect Joe Biden’s $1.9 trillion stimulus plan.
The bitcoin exchange-traded product (ETP) from ETC Group (recently launched on Switzerland’s SIX stock exchange, though it trades elsewhere) has seen volumes far above all the other 1,800 ETPs listed on Deutsche Börse, the exchange said. Meanwhile, Bitwise found the number of financial advisers allocating crypto to client portfolios rose 49% year over year, according to a survey of 900 money managers.
Coinbase crowdsources coins
The popular exchange announced the Asset Hub yesterday, a new issuance portal that would allow users to nominate a cryptocurrency to trade on the exchange. “We appreciate that the growth of the cryptoeconomy depends on the success of digital asset issuers, and we are committed to supporting issuers every way we can,” an executive said.
Blockchain mortgage platform Figure says it has closed a $100 million financing facility for its mortgage products from JPMorgan. The firm also reported its mortgage business grew nearly 50% month over month in the fourth-quarter of 2020. Coinbase’s venture arm has invested in the mining company Titan’s seed round, while merchant bank Galaxy Digital will start mining bitcoin and offering financial services for miners.
- BITCOIN CORE: Bitcoin got an upgrade. Here’s what you need to know. (CoinDesk)
- PRIVACY COINS: A number of exchanges have swepts dash, zcash and monero from their order books. At least one won’t disclose why. (CoinDesk)
- CFTC INSIDER: What the crypto world can expect from Gary Gensler at the SEC. (CoinDesk op-ed)
- BIDEN’S $1T: Does Biden’s stimulus plan vindicate bitcoiners? (First Mover/CoinDesk)
- $1B TRANSFER: It only cost $7 to move a large order on Ethereum. (Decrypt)
- ‘HIGH PRIORITY’: Jerome Powell says the Fed is working on stablecoin risks. (The Block)
- THE EFFECT: Does Grayscale Trust affect…