The cryptoeconomy is still very young, and with that dynamic comes the reality that there’s still no shortage of room for upstart projects to make headway into the space.
The key for these projects? To offer innovative solutions that crypto users actually want and need right now. The Hong Kong-based Walletreum project, a crypto-asset management tool suite, is one such newcomer effort that’s trying to pick up the mantle here.
What Is Walletreum?
Walletreum isn’t a single solution, but rather it’s structured like a crypto Swiss Army Knife and offers a range of tools and applications. Some of the young project’s flagship features currently include:
- Crypto lending powered by Walletreum’s proprietary ALGON AI
- Borrowing via SAFE CREDITS
- Yield farming of the project’s native WALT token, plus WALT staking
- Free off-chain swaps on ZeroSwap
Let’s breakdown each of these offerings to get a better sense of what the wider Walletreum suite brings to the table.
Lending with ALGON
Lending is one of the hottest sectors in the decentralized finance ecosystem this year, and the Walletreum team approached the arena by creating its own specialized lending bot, ALGON. The system works like so:
- Users deposit crypto assets to ALGON, an algorithmic fund manager.
- Per backtesting, ALGON has a “track record of … 4% to 6% per month returns in a bear market and 2x to 5x per month … in a bull market” according to Walletreum’s whitepaper.
- At this point, users sit back while ALGON does its work and until they’re ready to withdraw their assets.
- During bear markets these users can withdraw in stablecoins or in cash to their banks, while in bull markets they can withdraw in their originally deposited crypto.
When it comes to markets turning ugly ALGON is designed to mitigate losses before they become extreme, as the project’s whitepaper also explains:
“[A]ny asset you lend at Walletreum will not depreciate more than 9% of the deposited asset value in the bear…